We've been invited to a few housewarming parties this month and have been scrambling at the last minute to come up with a unique (and affordable) gift to bring. We decided to dig into AT's own archives and roundup our faves...
- Homemade stationary with their new address and information printed on it.
- If they've moved to a new part of town or relocated from another city, give the homeowner a gift certificate to a local restaurant.
- Green cleaning supplies in a basket is a safe bet for the recently moved homeowner. Even if they already own some supplies, it's likely that the items are still packed away in a box.
- Give the gift of a plant or a tree to plant in the yard. As the tree grows, the homeowner can reminisce that the tree was planted the year they moved in.
- Create a housewarming bucket that you can customize. Some items to include are light bulbs, rolls of toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, extension cords, a nail and screw set, a flashlight, etc.
- How about a copy of a home design book or a subscription to a home decor magazine.
- A laminated map of the city paired with a Zagat guide (with your own highlighted faves noted).
[Image from eyeliam]