Last week we asked you what you thought of sofas on porches, balconies and in other outdoor living spaces. Now, for those of you that said, yes, you would put a sofa outside your home, we have found some great options for all styles and budgets...
Some of these would be more conducive to wide, sweeping porches or backyard patios, but some, such as the loveseats or the metal-frame sofas, might work best on apartment or condo balconies. Which one is your favorite? Which do you think would be the classiest, most comfortable addition to your home this coming summer?
• 1 Fairmont Grove Sofa in Sunbrella Parchment from Smith & Hawken, $1,699 and up. We like the elegant curves on this one, and the slight texture on the neutral color.
• 2 Home Maraseine Conversation Loveseat at Target, $259. Traditional, for the one with traditional inside décor.
• 3 Kensington Sofa from Brown Jordan, to the trade. Almost a surrealist made-for-the-outdoors take on the classic sofa with rolled arms. The cushions are available in a ton of patterns and colors.
• 4 Hamstead Hill Sofa in Sunbrella Navy from Smith & Hawken, $799 and up. The white is modern, but the navy is very traditional.
• 5 Chesapeake from Pottery Barn, $899-$1,298. It's called the Chesapeake! It was made for this region.
• 6 Meridian sofa from Crate & Barrel, $999. We think the metal might be an appropriate material match for balconies, and the cushions are a great shade of outdoor green.
• 7 Bask Bench from CB2, $249. Another great apartment balcony find, but make sure to make it more comfy with pillows.
• 8 Strathwood Falkner Deep Lounge sofa from Amazon.com, $279. The metal is great for either house or apartment, and the tufted cushions add a bit of romance. Plus, the swirly arms make us think of a park garden.
We can just picture ourselves, curled up with a book in the warm summer evening on one of these sofas right now...