Rugs leave their traditional place indoors and migrate outdoors, as indoor-outdoor living takes hold of more of the country. Los Angeles
recently reported on outdoor rug options, but the more options, the merrier, we think. Here are a selection of plastic ones — read, easy to clean and long-lasting...
• 1 Marrakesh indoor-outdoor rug, $55-$279 at Ballard Designs
• 2 Negril indoor-outdoor rug, $34-$495 at Dash & Albert (I saw this one in the May Glamour)
• 3 Oriental Garland in dark blue, $44.50-$89.50, by Mad Mats (Sold at Homebody in DC)
• 4 Plastic outdoor rug with tree design, $56.95 at Home Infatuation
• 5 Indoor-outdoor Shag rug by Chilewich, $45-$150 at UnicaHome
• 6 Lavaro, $39.99, by Ikea
• 7 Plastic outside area rug in a double-color oriental design, $56.95-$24.95 at Home Infatuation
Also check out Pappelina. Look at their Web site for local stores, or stores willing to ship one to you &mdash they list stores in New York, Seattle, Florida and California.
Our outdoor balcony is concrete and cries out for a rug to soften it — if for no other reason than to protect dropped plates from being broken. We went for the IKEA one and much prefer the feeling of woven plastic to concrete under our feet during dinner outside.