With the onset of fall, I've been using a couple of heirloom quilts around the house. My grandmother was a great quilter, and I've recently taken up the hobby. It has really resurrected my love for a beautiful quilt as a centerpiece for home decor.
My affinity for patchwork quilts has definitely grown as I have gotten older, and those made by folks I know and love hold a great deal of value for me. I have to say, though, that I love the general feeling of warmth, comfort, and welcoming that almost any quilt gives off! Here are some examples of lovely quilts:
1. Design Sponge gave us a Sneak Peek at Cassandra Ellis & Ed Pritchard's home--they definitely appreciate a good quilt around their house!
2. Seesaw Designs shows one of my favorite examples of a modern color palette in a traditional style. The quilt, from Urban Outfitters, is unfortunately no longer available, but I've seen many a quilt and coverlet pass through their inventory that had a great deal of appeal!
3. Lisa Gerinder's home was featured on Fine Little Day and I love the low-sitting sofa covered in a sweet vintage quilt.
4. Be careful reading through the archives of Doe-C-Doe...Gina has a knack for finding gorgeous quilts at thrift stores for killer prices. I was green with envy reading through her catalog of finds...
5. Of course Victoria from SFGirlByBay would find a way to post a gorgeous quilt shot---which happens to be another from Urban Outfitters. I'm telling you! They're no heirloom quilts, to be sure, but there are some nice blankets at UO from time to time!
Images: As credited above.