Chilly season is approaching fast and we're looking for
cheap creative ways to organize the influx of outerwear in our home. Here are some favorite ideas...
• 1. All you need is a branch, some wall anchors, wire, and s-hooks for this simple and stylish puppy. Those Ferm Living stylists always make being clever look easy.
• 2. This driftwood piece is another take on the laid back rustic coat rack. Check out Sunset Magazine's DIY instructions here.
• 3. I'm in love with antique doorknobs. I always gravitate to them at flea markets and antique shops, but there are only so many doors in one house. This is a fun idea for making them into a functional display.
• 4. If you like the doorknob idea and are into DIY, check out AT Reader, Tony's instructions here, which we featured on our Chicago site last year.
• 5. Or if you like the look, but aren't into the idea of undertaking another project, browse through Etsy seller RusticReborn has your back. Check out their impressive collection of coat racks made from reclaimed materials.
• 6. Vintage plumbing, like doorknobs, are one of my flea marketing weaknesses. I love this idea for turning a faucet handle into a hook.
• 7. Mismatched silverware may be bringing nothing to the (dinner) table in terms of style...but on the wall, it's a whole different story. I'm not sold on the idea of using glue to attach the utensil to the wood, but Real Simple has instructions for a similar, studier version, which you can check out here.