More and more we've been seeing stripes show up on walls and floors adding boldness and visual interest to rooms. Since they only require a can or two of paint, they're a great option for renters looking to add some cheap improvements that can easily be reversed. Jump below for our favorite versions!
• Blue on Blue Stripes as seen at the Upward Bound Project and done by designer Carlo Rios bring in some nautical themes, but mixed with orange play up a bold mid century aesthetic.
• Jason's Hyper Saturated House has a great green and ivory striped floor (here's a how to for painting a wood floor).
• Roundup of Stripes in the Bathroom: from black and white stripes to a simpler blue and cream, stripes in the bathroom are having their moment! Here's Adrienne's How To.
• Gray And White Stripes courtesy of Nadia Geller's Blu Project are glamorous and make a large wall more interesting without having to spend loads on expensive artwork or mirrors.
• Uneven Vertical Stripes plus a How To liven up a plain wall and paired with the Marimekko Print make a great stripes and florals combination.
• One Color, 2 Finishes: if you don't want to go too bold experiment with the same color paint but two different finishes.
• Risulinna's Subtle Stripes are an elegant take on the stripe trend. We love it for the bedroom, just behind the bed.
• Red and White Stripes aren't for everyone, but they're preppy, patriotic and make a statement.
• Stripes or a semicommitment to color: choose an accent wall and go nuts with color!
• Purple Stripes lined with gold make for a surprisingly formal (and not kitschy) living room.
(Images: Follow each link for photo credit)