When each side of a bed is treated similarly, the look tends to give an air of calm and sophistication to a space.Matching bedside lamps is often considered to be a more traditional look, but as we can see in these examples, there are many ways to update the trend while maintaining that balance so common in designs from the past. Experiment with materials and types of lamps to provide something unexpected. Differentiating the objects nearest to the lighting allows the personality of the individual who belongs to each side of the bed to come through while providing consistency throughout a design scheme.
1. Bringing Wallpaper Into The Bedroom
2. Marrying Calm and Color in the Bedroom
3. 10 Great Bedrooms from AT:Chicago House Tours
4. Luxury Textures & Fabrics in the Bedroom
5. House Tour: Summer and Josh's Pumped Up Traditional