People who travel frequently often develop routines when it comes to their technology and gadgets, whether it's paring down or packing in a particular way to get through airport security more quickly. But sometimes a routine can develop into a rut, leaving you complacent and vulnerable, whether it's on the road or to do with your unoccupied home. Check out these safety tips from Unplggd, from everything to better bags and preventing your devices from being damaged during travel, to home monitoring while you're away.
Whether it's making sure your phone is always charged to give you a lifeline in an unfamiliar place, or preventing your devices from being broken en route, preparedness is key.
- 10 Travel Essentials For Computer Geeks
- Travel Bag Basics: Features We Love for Tech
- What Are Your Tech Travel Neccesities?
- Device Packaging is the Perfect Travel Case
- Tech Travel Tip: Forgot Your Cell Charger?
- Pack Tech for Travel with a Pocket Pot Holder
On the Road
With a few simple precautions, you can keep your equipment, data and mental well-being safe and secure.
- Do You Go Off-the-Tech-Grid When You Travel?
- Keep Your Data Safe When You Travel
- Camouflaging Your Camera As an Anti-Theft Measure
- Traveling Overseas With a Laptop?: Advice from PC World
- RFID Alert: Protect Your Cards From Electronic Theft
- 8 Tips for Traveling (In a Car, a Plane or Abroad) With Tech
- Do You Unplug While On Vacation?
- Why Password Protecting Your Smartphone is a Must
- Camera Incognito: Messenger Bag Inserts
Back at Home
Part of making traveling easy and comfortable is feeling that everything back at home is secure as well. These tips will help you batten down the hatches before you go.
- Did I Leave the Oven On?! Try the Rubber Band Method
- 10 Tech Tips To Tackle Before Leaving For Vacation
- Color Pinhole Surveillance Camera Disguised as Power Outlet
- How to Hide a Security Camera Under a Light Switch
- Could PleaseRobMe.com Get Your House Burglarized?
- The Weekend Project: Taking a Home Inventory
- Home Inventories Made Easy with Compartments for Mac
- Places You Should Hide Expensive Tech from Burglars
What are your tech and travel safety tips? Share them with other Unplggd readers in the comments below.