Whether it's midcentury, hollywood glam or 1960s mod that you're drawn to, vintage pieces and inspired decor are always a favorite. I've been into a mix of 40s, 50s, and modern furnishings for a while — creating an eclectic mix that never gets old. Whatever your persuasion, here are some inspiring images to get your design ideas going.
Images: As credited above.
- House to Home showcases this living room, with a lush velvet tufted couch surrounded by eclectic vintage accents.
- Chronically Vintage, a site centered around vintage inspired decor, features this elegant living room with bold colors. The room, originally seen in House to Home, enjoys feminine lines and pops of bright, saturated color.
- Bent wood, veneered panels, and a low wooden buffet are all trademark vintage qualities of midcentury decor. Studio Survace posted this great image of a living room vignette originally from Nicety, which is chock full of inspiring imagery.
- Designer Tamra Maynes has an "inherited love of craft that goes back centuries," and which can be seen throughout her home, on Home Life. Originally published in Inside Out magazine.
- This gorgeous room, from Elle Decor, centers around a reupholstered vintage Edward Wormley sofa. Filled with antiques, the teal walls offset the Louis XVI furnishings. This gorgeous room, from Elle Decor, centers around a reupholstered vintage Edward Wormley sofa. Filled with antiques, the teal walls offset the Louis XVI furnishings.