For the regular traveler, vintage and vintage style luggage may not be the best option. For occasional use, I love bringing along my vintage suitcase (it makes a great carry-on!) but one of my favorite things about retro luggage is that it doubles as home decor! Stack them up for a bedside table, or create a vignette somewhere for a little reminder of the last escape you took.
- This vintage Samsonite suitcase in camel color from Etsy seller AMradio is perfect double-duty material.
- JCrew hit the nail on the head with this Globe-Trotter Centenary 28" suitcase with wheels. The price tag is high, but man is it good looking!
- Estatehound, another Etsy seller, found this adorable vintage Samsonite Ultralite two tone set. We love the colors, and would definitely find a place to display these!
- La Vida Vintage Brown Plaid luggage, available at Overstock, adds a bit of flare to a trip.
- Extra large and with a name to match. The Cruiser-Aider, from the 1930s, is a hefty lug for a suitcase, but a pretty great piece for a home. From Etsy seller GallivantingGirls.
- Harken back to an era of travel by steam ship with this set, dubbed "The Producer Series." Available (along with a few other fantastic retro sets) on Steamline Luggage.
- HausProud, on Etsy, calls this cute suitcase with no identifiers the "Best Suitcase Ever." I think that made me like it even more!
Images: As linked above.