We have to admit to being a bit obsessed with cake stands, and while we'll also (reluctantly) admit to being a bit obsessed with cake, we try not to indulge this latter obsession very often. So that leaves us with a modestly large cake stand collection and not much room to display or store it. Fortunately there are so many ways to put pretty cake stands to work in the home without involving baked goods...
• 1 Take a lesson from Laure's lovely landing strip, and use a cake stand as a catch-all for keys, phone, and change.
• 2 Elevate a plant (and protect your surfaces from leaks).
• 3 Keep your rags and dish towels close at hand in the kitchen.
• 4 Display pillar candles.
• 5 Organize your jewelry.
• 6 Display beautiful summer fruit, rather than hiding it in a bowl.
• 7 Create a lovely pedestal for a floral centerpiece.
• 8 Create layers and varied elevations in a collection display.
Any other ideas? How do you put your cake stands to work?
(Images: Apartment Therapy: Los Angeles; Apartment Therapy: San Francisco; Serena Thompson/Decor8; James Merrell/Real Simple; InStyle/JCK Online; Danny Seo; Frances Janisch/Sweet Paul; Design*Sponge/Hannah Berman)