With all the historic neighborhoods, rowhouses are easy to find in the DC area. Typically narrow in width, rowhouses present unique design and decor challenges. The U Street rowhouse shown here, and featured in The Washington Post, was renovated to include thick wall shelves and maple cabinets along the walls to hold stereo equipments, art and ceramics. Click below for a roundup of decor ideas and inspiration for rowhouse living...
Rowhouses shown here:
• Living in a Rowhouse slide show from The Washington Post
• Hot or Not? Patriotic Row House Exteriors; Old Town Alexandria, Virginia
• Look!: Inside a "Painted Lady" Baltimore Rowhouse
• Look! Philadelphia Rowhouse Manual
• the kitchen from Baltimore Rowhouse, a member of the Apartment Therapy DC flickr pool. Note the wall-mounted television in the top left corner.
More Rowhouse Resources from Apartment Therapy and Beyond:
• Rowhouse Redux: Washington Architects Renew City Living a past exhibition at The National Building Museum
• Look! Painted Ladies Row Houses
• Renovated London Row House
• Queens Rowhouse
• Preserving Local Traditions: Cleaning Marble Stoops
Do you live in a rowhouse? Post photos to the Apartment Therapy DC flickr pool and you could see your home featured on Apartment Therapy DC!