We did some furniture rearranging last week, which got us thinking about the best way to tackle this task. Click below for our tips, and add your own in the comments...• Have a friend help. It makes moving heavy pieces a lot easier, it provides you with a second opinion, and it gives you the energy to keep going.
• Map out ideas with a sketch or a free online program (like this Arrange-a-Room planner).
• Have a plan, but don't be afraid to change it. We never know what something's going to look like until we see it in place.
• Use your largest pieces as anchors for the space. Move sofas, large tables, and large storage pieces first and rearrange your smaller furniture around them.
• Clear out space. If an arrangement isn't working, try removing one or two pieces of furniture. Many people have too much furniture, and by taking a big item out of the equation you can open up a whole new set of possibilities.
• Don't be afraid of empty space. If you really need a new piece to make your furniture arrangement work, leave that space empty for a little while, and take some time to find the right item.