Maybe you have a table that's too great to hide under a big cloth, or maybe you just love the look of layered linens. Either way, a table runner can be a great way to bring together a holiday tablescape, so check out these 10 options for runners — from woodsy to formal and everything in between:
Runners can be found in an array of fabrics like damask, burlap or linen, and even less traditional options like paper or twigs, and they work equally well layered over a tablecloth or sitting solo under the centerpiece.
If you have the time and inclination, you can tackle one of the DIY projects. If your hands are full with other holiday duties, save yourself some work and opt for something ready made.
1. DIY Lace Doily Table Runner — Design Sponge book via Style Me Pretty
2. Weathered Wood Plank Quilted Table Runner — ">Shannaquilts $80
3. Ready-Set-Cut Runner — ">BHLDN $228
4. DIY Bandana Table Runner — ">Country Living
5. Burlap Table Runner with Initial — burlapse $29.99
6. Crossing Paths Table Runner — //www.bhldn.com/the-shop_decor_tabletop/crossing-paths-table-runner">BHLDN $40
7. Chilewich Cubic Gunmetal Runner — ">Crate & Barrel $27.95
8. Nubby Table Runner — ">Pottery Barn $29
9. Fresh Herbs Twig Table Runner — Tab $20.74
10. Pen Strokes Paper Table Runner — Anthropologie $38
Images: As credited above.