The style I spotted around Travaasa was a simple yet effective mix of modern and rustic — the sort of style that works well for people who like their interiors to have a nature-inspired appearance but in a clean and modern way. I pinpointed five ways in which Travaasa created an interior style that reflected the natural landscape but kept it comfortable and accessible for those who prefer a modern versus log cabin look. It could be good inspiration for bringing a little rustic charm to your home while keeping things simple and modern, too.
1) Keep walls neutral and warm Beiges, creams, whites and greens work really well when looking for a base to kick off your rustic modern style.
2) Incorporate patterns that reflect nature We like seeing patterns that have a natural feel to them, whether because of a nice thick texture or because they reflect elements seen in nature.
3) Simple, organic textiles That being said about patterns, the large majority of textiles should sport a solid, simple, fresh look.
4) Rough woods and rich finishes You don't have to invest only in lamps made out of old tree trunks, but incorporating a few items with a rough wood finish and/or seeing that the finishes you do have in your space are dark or rich will help cement a rustic modern look.
5) Oversized side items and accessories To avoid a cluttered look, mix in some intentionally oversized pieces to bring in interest. They'll take up a lot of visual space without having to fill a room with lots of unneccessary accessories.
What do you think about the idea of a rustic yet modern style? Do you have ideas on how to achieve this style yourself? Let us know!
Images: Adrienne Breaux