- Denton, TX
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- My style is simplistic and modern with a touch of traditional, so I like to incorporate all my styles into one room that's my own. I'm in love with my bed. It's my fluffy cloud of solitude, the white down comforter is a classic that will never get old. I like neutral colors that I can live with, and contrast, so there's a lot of white tones mixed with dark wood.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I'm a college student on a budget so I usually go for a mix with high and low (usually more low). My absolute favorite source of home inspiration is Target. I want pretty much every single thing I see there. Wall feng shui is very important. Too much clutter on the walls can make a space feel small. I have my own art above my bed which I love, and gives the space a lot of depth and a feeling of stability with large geometric pieces jutting out from the wall.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- Well I have my little office nook with a printer and lots of space to work and design, which I love. And there's a little shelf by the window that has some plants, my little indoor garden. The dresser is kind of my multimedia source. Every room should have some source of entertainment, and it's either the speakers blasting music during the day or cuddling up and watching a movie at night. The nightstand is the docking station for the night, has everything I need to get in and out of bed in the morning.
My Bedroom Retreat