There's a theory, known as reticular activation, which suggests that whenever you're focused on something -- say you're pregnant or going to Africa -- it suddenly appears everywhere. Well, that theory's been set into motion for us by a friend who's considering buying a Saarinen table for her apartment. Suddenly, we're seeing them everywhere. Just for fun, we decided to cast a net across Apartment Therapy and see how many home tours featured this iconic piece...
We rounded up these 11 but there may be more. Not only does it come in a number of great variations (we especially like the black version in Brad and Kendra's home from Apartment Therapy Boston) and sizes, but it can handle pretty much any chair, lighting or room style you can throw at it (not literally, of course, or you might crack the marble on those versions). What do you think? Is this table one of your dream pieces or are you tired of it?
- Genevieve and Max's Minimalist Silverlake Penthouse
- Sara Lov's Los Feliz Charmer
- Marisa's Midcentury meets Vintage Condo
- Cassandra's "Flea Market Edgy" Abode
- Sharon and Spencer's Danish & Dogs Domicile
- Elise & Darren's Modernist Sensibility
- Eve's Warm & Witty Loft
- Jason Weinbeck's Midcentury Frugal Fix Up
- Kathleen and Alex's Guest Ready Condo
- Sam Grawe's Designer (via Craigslist) Digs
- Brad & Kendra's South End Drama