Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Palo Alto, CA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love how cohesive my bedroom is. I feel calm knowing that everything follows a certain theme. I also love the light. When I woke up the first morning in my room, I thought that I accidentally left the light on because it was so bright.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- I try to make a thoughtful decision when purchasing anything. If I can't imagine the item in my room, I won't buy it. I also think it helps to put your belongings on display. Since they're exposed, you're more aware of what you don't need. I have to be ruthless sometimes and get rid of things that I might love, but never use.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I try to use my belongings to serve multiple purposes. Since I use my bedroom as an office space, the vanity is where I work. The leaning mirror hides a power strip. The black "upholstered" headboard is a blanket hung over a cheap bed frame that I can use when I need it. My jewelery and shoe collection are also display pieces.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat