We spend a lot of time in the kitchen trying out new recipes and more importantly trying out new kitchen tech. We love our knife block and our set of knives, but we can't help but have wandering eyes now and again. We've been seeing sterilizing knife blocks for a while and we were seriously intrigued.
• The Germ Eliminating Knife Block, $29.95: Using UV-C light (the same used in hospitals) the knife block sanitizes and sterilizes each knife when placed in the block. The block can be set to turn on automatically every three hours or you can set the block to sanitize knives as soon as they are inserted.
• Knife Locker: The purpose of the Knife Locker is to ensure keeping knives safety tucked away from children. Insert the knife and turn to the left by 270 degrees until it locks into place, an LED light will indicate when the knife is safely locked into place and the sterilization will begin.
More Kitchen Tech On Unplggd:
• Space Invaders Cutting Board Lets You Chop Intergalactically
• 5 Things You Should Never Put in a Dishwasher
• 5 Ways You're Destroying Your Appliances