Every Friday! Here are all the home and garden sales and events across the country — gathered by our editorial team of over 70 bloggers. This is the only place on the web where you can find them all together. Pass it on and send us your sale.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• DWR Sleep Solutions Sale Save 15% on a selection of sheet sets, blankets, throws, mattresses, pillows and sleeper sofas and sleeper chairs.
Online and in stores.
11/3 - 12/4
• Bobby Berk Home Sale 20% off all rugs.
Online at BobbyBerkHome.com and in-store at our New York and Miami locations.
Now - 11/30
• Loll Outlet Sale Everything in Loll outlet is 50% off! Outlet furniture includes older models, off-colors, scratch and dent, prototypes, and pieces that have been slightly used that we won't sell as new. Much of the furniture is in great condition.
Online list — orders must be placed by phone.
• Mortise & Tenon Sale Help us launch our e-commerce site with 15% off custom dining tables. Whether you're looking for custom wood or upholstery from our local factory (21 years of handmade furniture) or lighting and cool accessories, lots of unique interior design finds 15% off.
Now - 11/30
• CB2 Can Do Each CB2 store has partnered with a local food bank in an effort to combat hunger and reward shoppers at the same time. Anyone who brings in 7 non-perishable items will receive a 15% discount on their in-store purchase (some restrictions apply).
In Stores Only.
11/8 - 11/24
• Vitra Sale @ YLiving Save 15% on iconic Vitra furnishings and accessories including designs from George Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, Isamu Noguchi, Frank Gehry, Jasper Morrison, Verner Panton and more.
11/11 - 11/17
BOSTON & NEW ENGLAND
• Craftopia Holiday Show Rhody Craft 100 promotes local artists and crafters through its seasonal store and website. At Rhody Craft 100 everything is 100% handmade, 100% local, and 100% delightful.
Hope Artiste Village | 1005 Main Street Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02860
11/14: 10am - 5pm
• Independent Designer's Market The spacious lobby at the Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology will serve as a forum for local artisans selling everything from one-of-a-kind jewelry, clothing, and furniture to fine-art photography. Bring cash to snap up great bargains on exclusive designs!
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology | 41 Berkeley Street Boston, Massachusetts 02116
Saturdays starting 9/18: 11:30am - 6pm
• 30th Annual Museum School Art Sale Featuring thousands of individual works from an impressive roster of contemporary artists. Proceeds from the Sale directly support student scholarships, which are vitally important to the next generation of Museum School artists. Admission to the Museum School Art Sale is free. We are pleased to offer free parking with a purchase of $50 or more.
School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston | 230 The Fenway, Boston
11/17 – 11/21
• Jonathan Adler Book Tour Happy Chic Book Tour!
11/17: Barnes & Noble 297 Oakbrook Center Oakbrook, Illinois 7pm - 9pm
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home See the endless possibilities for elegant living in a home that's the ultimate in sophistication, comfort and eco-smart. Be inspired by the vision of Chicago's most acclaimed designers as you explore room after stunning room.
The Merchandise Mart | First Floor, North Lobby
OPEN TO PUBLIC: 4/16 - 12/10: M - F: 10am–5pm, Sat: 10am - 3pm
• Revision Home Warehouse Sale Revision Home's last vintage warehouse sale of the season. The high-style vintage outpost is only opens its doors four times per year. Otherwise, it's online-only. Amazing vintage holiday gifts and furniture in your home for the holidays.
Revision Home Warehouse | 2132 W. Fulton Chicago, Illinois 60612
11/12 & 11/13: 11am - 4pm
• Steve Glenn of LivingHomes @ DWR Join us in welcoming Steve Glenn, the visionary founder of LivingHomes, to Tree Studios to kick off the Greenbuild International Conference and ExpoA leading voice within the sustainable building movement, Glenn will offer insight into the process of working with leading architects to create new concepts in prefabricated homes, his experience building the nation's very first LEED Platinum-certified home and a preview of new homes that are poised to become the first Platinum residential buildings in their respective cities. In addition, he will explain how the design of LivingHomes has dramatically reduced their impact on water, air, material resources and power.
DWR Tree Studios | 10 E. Ohio Street Chicago, Illinois 60611
• Greenbuild Expo With the world's largest expo hall devoted to green building, Greenbuild 2010 is the place to go to learn how green can grow your business. This year's expo hall in Chicago will showcase the latest in innovative products and services.
McCormick Place West | 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive Chicago, Illinois 60616
11/17 - 11/19
• Not So Big House Event For the first time Sarah Susanka, FAIA, architect and best-selling author of the Not So Big House book series, has agreed to design a house for a major development – SchoolStreet Homes in the Village of Libertyville, Illinois, 35 miles north of Chicago. Susanka and SchoolStreet Homes today announced that Susanka's Not So Big show house will open in the fall of 2011. To celebrate the news, Susanka and SchoolStreet Homes will host a public meet-and-greet event along with a book signing.
Libertyville Civic Center | 135 West Church Street Libertyville, Illinois 60048
11/18: 6pm - 8pm
• Echo Park Home Tour 10 homes and gardens that feature lifestyles of the ecologically minded. This includes properties utilizing greywater systems, solar power, natural light and circulation as ways to reduce dependency on public utilities as well gardens that include elements of urban farming, native plants, drought-tolerant landscaping and no dig gardening. And yes, chicken coops. The tour showcases how older structures can integrate energy-saving ideas, such as, a home that uses repurposed wood and energy-efficient appliances, an environmentally friendly renovation of a 1918 bungalow, and a remodel/expansion maintaining the existing house, integrating the old and the new. Tour visitors pick up your tickets, a program and map at Williams Hall and see the tour in any order. Admission is $20 or $15 before 11/1.
Tour starts at Williams Hall in Barlow Hospital 2000 Stadium Way
11/14: 11am - 4pm
• Palisades Home Tour Featuring three architecturally distinctive homes in the Palisades. Local designers, artists, home-related vendors and florists make contributions to enhance the homes and reflect the season. All homes on the Tour offer a variety of decorating styles and will be sure to offer unique ideas for you to try in your own home. 100% of proceeds from the Holiday Home Tour and Boutique is awarded to local non-profit organizations in Pacific Palisades. Tickets
11/14: 11am - 4pm
• Urban Country Sale 40% off the entire collection of current inventory at Urban Country, renowned dealers of exceptional and uncommon Americana.
Urban Country | 218 Main Street Venice, California 90291
11/9 - 11/16
• Alma + Adam + Commune + Heath = This Show Presenting extremely unique, one-of-a-kind objects made from a collaboration between Alma Allen, Adam Silverman, Commune, and Heath Ceramics. Limited-edition canisters, jars, turned bowls, bottles and vessels in unexpected combinations of ceramic, wood and bronze. The collaboration and resulting products have taken on a life of their own — with the pieces made more and more beautiful by each set of hands that touch them. All pieces are for sale.
Heath Los Angeles | 7525 Beverly Boulevard Los Angeles, California 90036
SHOW: 11/6 - 12/5
• Sleek IDentity Pop Up Shop The 'Pop Up' shop will give people the opportunity to experience Sleek IDentity and the vast array of over 35 designer items.
Sleek IDentity Pop Up Shop | 1306 Abbott Kinney Boulevard Los Angeles, California 90291
11/5 - 12/5: 11am - 7pm
• Thos. Moser Showroom Sale Thos. Moser, makers of heirloom-quality hand-crafted wood furniture, will hold a special savings event at its Los Angeles showroom, including floor models, one-of-a-kinds, not-quite-perfect, and first-quality pieces at reduced prices. The selection includes seating, tables, beds, sofas, desks, rockers, sideboards, case pieces and more. Some pieces will be as much as 50% off.
Thos. Moser Los Angeles Showroom | 8705 Washington Boulevard (Helms Bakery Building) Culver City, California 90232
11/13 - 11/14: 9am - 6pm
• WalkOn Tile Special WalkOn Tile announces Special of the Month for November - $6 per SF Italian Pelle Leather Porcelain Tile.
WalkOn Tile | 12353 Wilshire Boulevard, West Los Angeles, California 90025
• Steampunk Home Exposition Steampunk will take center stage when six of its most avid admirers and practitioners present the Steampunk House — a fantastic, futuristic exhibit devoted to Steam Punk creations and design ideas for the home. Admission is $15.
Pier 94 | 55th Street and 12th Avenue, New York City
11/13 & 11/14: 10am - 6pm
• DWR Annex Warehouse Sale Take 20% - 70% off already low Annex prices. Free shuttle from 14th Street Studio.
DWR Annex Warehouse | 55 Hartz Way Secaucus, New Jersey 07094
11/13: 10am - 6pm
11/14: 11am - 6pm
• Waterworks Warehouse Sale 80% off everything from sinks, bathtubs, faucets to ceramic tiles up to . The perfect chance to get all the luxury bath goods you've been craving all year long at a steal!
Waterworks Showroom | 60 Backus Avenue Danbury, Connecticut 06810
11/12: 10am - 4pm
11/13: 9am - 4pm
• Sferra Luxury Linens Sample Sale
Chelsea Market | NYC
11/10 - 11/14
• Jensen-Lewis Clearance & Sample Sale Our largest clearance and sample sale in our 48 year history. To make room for the 2011 collection, savings of up to 50% off will be offered on products from American Leather, Gamma Arredamenti, Della Robbia, Calligaris, Natuzzi, Copeland and Skovby of Denmark.
Jensen-Lewis | 89 Seventh Avenue New York, New York 10011
11/10 - 11/26
• George Smith Floor Sample Sale Up to 50% off original retail prices. An extensive range of luxuriously comfortable handmade furniture. Sofas, Chairs, Chaises and Stools covered in a wide selection of fabrics, leathers and kilims. All available for immediate delivery.
George Smith | 315 Hudson Street, New York New York 10013
11/6 - 11/20
• Karkula Sale Up to 60% off on furniture and flooring — for indoors and outdoors — by Paola Lenti, Fritz Hansen, John Erik Karkula and Oluce. All items available immediately.
Karkula | 48 Walker Street New York, New York 10013
• Boutique Design New York Debuting in New York, this two-day show will feature over 150 interiors product manufacturers exhibiting all under the same roof. They will represent a variety of high-end, unique and innovative design products for hospitality and range from furniture to wall coverings to carpets.
BDNY | Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, NYC
11/13 & 11/14
• Christoph Niemann at The Conran Shop The Conran Shop invites you to meet Christoph Niemann, as he signs copies of his book, I LEGO N.Y., an imaginative look at life in New York City constructed entirely out of LEGOs. Illustrations from the book will also be on display at The Conran Shop.
The Conran Shop | 888 Broadway (located inside ABC Carpet & Home) New York City
11/13: 2pm - 4pm
• The One of a Kind Show & Sale a holiday shopping event for unique, artisan-made gifts in a wide range of categories including Accessories, Ceramics, Fashion, Fiber Art, Furniture, Glass, Gourmet, Holiday, Jewelry, Kids, Metal, Mixed Media, Painting, Paper, Photography, Sculpture and Wood.
The One of a Kind Show & Sale | 7 W 34th Street (at 5th Avenue) 11th Floor New York, New York
11/11 - 11/14 & 11/18 - 11/21T(hursdays 12pm-9pm, Fridays 11am-8pm, Saturdays 11am-7pm, Sundays 11am-5pm)
• BETA Spaces A free one-day arts festival of conceptualized and thematic group exhibitions. BETA Spaces features over 50 collaborative group exhibitions in a triangular area of Bushwick, accessible by subway on the L-line from Montrose Ave. to Dekalb Ave., and the J/M/Z-line, from Flushing Ave. to Central Ave.
Begin your day at Maps n Mimosas | Norte Maar 83 Wyckoff Avenue Brookyln, New York
• Rare & Important Travel Posters Auction Swann Galleries' annual auction of Rare & Important Travel Posters offers a broad selection of posters promoting destinations all over the world, and travel via airplanes, ocean liners and trains.
Swann Galleries | 104 East 25th Street New York, New York 10010
PUBLIC PREVIEW: 11/12: 10am - 6pm; 11/13: 10am - 4pm; 11/15: 10am - 12pm
AUCTION: 11/15: 1:30pm
• Campion Platt Made to Order Book Signing & Launch Renowned interior designer Campion Platt, designer for boutique hotels such as Hollywood's Chateau Marmont Hotel and New York's Mercer Hotel, launches his first monograph Made to Order, featuring a foreword from Jay McInerney.
Clic Gallery | 255 Centre Street New York, New York 10013
11/16: 6pm - 8pm
• John Robshaw Sample Sale Save on luxury linens and textiles: bedding, decorative pillows, tabletop linens and more.
John Robshaw | 245 West 29th Street (ground floor) New York, New York 10001
11/17 - 11/19: 10am - 7pm
• Patrick Jouin: From Kitchen to Table @ MAD The first solo exhibition at an American museum of the work of this prolific 42-year-old French designer.
Museum of Arts & Design | 2 Columbus Circle New York, New York 10019
• A.M. Cassandre: The Master of Art Deco 45 original works by one of the greatest graphic designers of the 20th century. The veritable master of Art Deco, these images by A.M. Cassandre capture the best of the era, displaying the origins of Modern art.
Poster Auctions International | 601 W. 26th Street NYC
• Home for the Holidays Show House A designer Showhouse at the historic Orchard Hill located on the magnificent grounds of Old Westbury Gardens in New York. This Showhouse will feature the talented works of today's top designers who are depicting their favorite Holidays looks — from Swedish Christmas, Chanukah, Christmas in Palm Beach and Winter Wonderland, this Showhouse will capture the spirit of the Holiday Season! All proceeds will benefit Old Westbury Gardens located in Old Westbury, New York. Admission to the Showhouse is $25 ($20 in advance, $15 for Old Westbury Gardens' members) and includes the Showhouse Journal as well as admission to Old Westbury Gardens
Old Westbury Gardens | 71 Old Westbury Road Old Westbury, New York 11568
10/30 -12/12: Tuesdays through Sundays, 10am - 4pm
• Eat Drink Art Design @ MAD The artists and designers in this exhibition have created objects for the table — cups and plates, tea sets and silverware — that redefine the art of dining. Drawing from MAD's collection, the exhibition features 60 objects for eating and drinking.
Museum of Arts & Design | 2 Columbus Circle New York, New York 10019
9/21 - 2/6
• Counter Space: Design and the Modern Kitchen Counter Space explores the twentieth-century transformation of the kitchen and highlights MoMA's recent acquisition of an unusually complete example of the iconic "Frankfurt Kitchen," designed in 1926–27 by the architect Grete Schütte-Lihotzky.
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street New York, New York 10019
9/15 - 3/21/2011
• Cooper-Hewitt National Design Triennial
5/12/2010 - 1/9/2011
• Underground Gallery: London Transport Posters, 1920's-1940's
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street New York, New York 10019
7/28 - 2/27/2011
• Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show The Philadelphia Museum of Art Craft Show is presented annually by the Museum's Women's Committee and Craft Show Committee for the benefit of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Funds raised are used to purchase works of art and craft for the permanent collections of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, to fund conservation and publication projects, and to support exhibitions and education programs.
Pennsylvania Convention Center | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
11/11 - 11/14
• Kevin O'Brien Studio Sample Sale This year, instead of a 3 day sample sale, our hand made products will be available for a six week event. This temporary shop will house our exquisite scarves, throw pillows, bedding, fabrics, stuffed animals and more — at up to 75% off retail prices! Plus hand made jewelry by Echo Of The Dreamer.
Kevin O'Brien Studio | 8428 Germantown Avenue Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19118
11/12 - 12/31
SAN FRANCISCO & BAY AREA
• SF Design Center Public Sample Sale Select showrooms at the San Francisco Design Center Galleria and Showplace building will be offering amazing discounts directly to the public for a weekend only . You will have the opportunity to see, touch, and feel the quality of one of the finest selections of home furnishing and accesories assembled in one location in northern California. This will include many of one of a kind items unavailable anywhere else including on the internet. weekend admisission is $10 per person (proceed will be shared with the SFSU Interior Design Program)
SF Design Center Showplace Building | 2 Henry Adams Street San Francisco, California 94103
11/13: 10am - 5pm
11/14: 10am - 4pm
• BIG THINGS Launch Party & Pop-up Shop BIG THINGS, is an inspiring new website all about BIG art, design, fashion, travel, science, and people about to do BIG THINGS. Join us for a BIG PARTY at Kitsch Gallery in San Francisco to celebrate the launch of our site and shop! With art and installations by various artists; music with a beat you can dance to; and a pop-up version of our BIG THINGS SHOP, full of extraordinary objects for the you, your home, and your friends. Visit bigbigbigthings.com for more information about us & the party, and feel free to tell a friend! Looking forward to seeing you there!
Kitsch Gallery | 3265 17th Street (17th/Capp) San Francisco, California 94110
• Retro@Home Pre-Holiday Sale 20% off in-stock inventory (except for items already reduced, special orders, books and magazines).
Retro@Home | 3811 San Pablo Avenue Emeryville, California 94608
Now - 11/21
• SDH Fine European Linens Warehouse Sale SDH is a manufacturer and distributor of luxury European linens. Bedding, Towels, Table Linens, Blankets, Baby and Nightwear are all available. Samples, overruns and discontinued items at the sale, at up to 80% off retail.
SDH Fine European Linens Warehouse | 495 Edison Court Suite C Fairfield, California 94534
11/11-11/12: 9am - 2pm
11/13: 9am - 12pm
• Elle Decor Showhouse The Bay Area's Top Designers Give an Elle Decor Makeover to St. Francis Wood Mansion — proceeds benefit Junior League of San Francisco. Admission is $30.
300 St. Francis Boulevard San Francisco, California
OPEN WEEKENDS: 11/5 - 11/21: 10am - 4pm
• Dutch Design @ Propeller Join us for an evening with Dutch Designer Paula Arntzen & Artecnica founder Enrico Bressan in a conversation about the collaborative design process. RSVP Dutch Design Week SF closing party to follow.
Propeller | 555 Hayes street San Francisco, California
11/18: 7pm - 9pm
• FotoWeek DC @ Corcoran The Corcoran will be home to numerous festival activities and events for FotoWeek DC: portfolio reviews, photography exhibitions and projections on the Corcoran's historic Beaux Arts façade as part of NightGallery. Lectures and talks include a gallery talk of newly installed photography by the Corcoran's Amanda Maddox, fascinating evening lectures by Tim Hetherington (Infidel) and Newman Visiting Lecturer Bruce Davidson, among others. FotoWeek DC Events.
Corcoran Gallery of Art & College of Art + Design | 500 Seventeenth Street NW Washington, DC 20006
11/6 - 11/13
• Conrad's Furniture Gallery Veteran's Day Sale 20% - 50% off everything in the store including interior design services and special orders.
Conrad's Furniture Gallery | 101 King Street Alexandria, Virginia 22314
11/12 - 11/14
• Designing Tomorrow: America's World's Fairs of the 1930s @ NBM Between 1933 and 1940, during the bleak years of the Great Depression, tens of millions of visitors flocked to world's fairs in six American cities: Chicago, San Diego, Dallas, Cleveland, San Francisco, and New York. The National Building Museum's upcoming exhibition Designing Tomorrow: America's World's Fairs of the 1930s explores how fair designers and planners employed innovative architecture, urban planning, and industrial design as vehicles for promoting a more hopeful vision for the future.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
10/2 - 7/10/2011
• Palladio and His Legacy: A Transatlantic Journey 31 rare drawings by Palladio from the outstanding collection of the Royal Institute of British Architects Trust. the exhibition examines the development of Palladio's design sensibility through his drawings and his architectural texts. The exhibition also includes detailed architectural models, created and loaned by renowned modelmaker Timothy Richards, which demonstrate the spread of Palladio's architectural theories to America, most notably through the work and influence of Thomas Jefferson and in designs for monumental buildings in Washington DC.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
9/2 - 1/9
• The Washington Design Center's Design House The 2010 Design House — The Hall of Fame House — residing within The Washington Design Center, provides lifestyle-conscious consumers an entrée into the world of high-end home décor. This year's eight-room design house will be designed by well-known WDC Hall of Fame Designers.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW Washington DC
5/21 - 12/4
Send it to us. We publish every week: