- Edinburgh United Kingdom
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I am obsessed with colours that are hard to define - those in the blue/green range especially. And then putting those with pink/red really works for me. I'm constantly torn between loving very colourful spaces and also loving light. I find this particular combination both soothing and interesting to the eye.
- Colors used in my room:
- Main colour is Farrow & Ball Teresa's Green
The sofa is indeed Ikea in Idemo Red
The blinds were made to order.
The cushions are (I think I remember correctly) Colefax & Fowler
Highlights are in the raspberry - red range range collected over the years.
The quilt over the chair is from The French House (don't think they sell them anymore) - it's a lovely old washed out raspberry.
The Moroccan leather pouffe is from Graham & Green.
The painting was bought long before the room was painted.
I love teaming a cool colour with something a little bit hotter.
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Firstly choose colours you love, you're probably going to be living with them for a while. Then use large tester areas to check they work with the light in the room & in the size of room. Thirdly - don't worry too much about everything 'going together' if you do that you could end up living in a soul-less show home.
- Soothing Yet Interesting
More posts in Room for Color 2012
ATVideo of the Day