Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Phoenixville, PA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I was redoing my kitchen and I wanted to be courageous in my color choice for my cabinets. I didn't want to do the cream/white thing. I was SO NERVOUS about choosing an actual color that wouldn't become passé in a couple of years. And I guess my cabinetmaker was nervous too because he made me approve the color 3 TIMES! That factor made me even more nervous! I kept thinking, "Has no one ever chosen green for a cabinet color before?! GEEZ!!" And once I gave that final okay, there was no going back! (I was kind of terrified, I'm not gonna lie! LOL)
- Colors used in my room
- Sage Green, Warm Beige, Cream, Black
- Tips for using color successfully
- What helped me choose this cabinet color was finding a similar photo of some kitchen cabinets in a magazine photo in the same color I was considering. I took out that photo and looked at it for a few minutes EVERY DAY, for about 3 months in a row. Not. Kidding. After 3 months, I figured if I still loved the green cabinets in that photo, I could be pretty confident that I would love my own for a long time to come. Fast forward 6 years, and I still do! I absolutely LOVE them as much as I did from the first day I saw them! I wouldn't change a thing! Mission accomplished!
- Courageous Sage
See all entries
More posts in this series
Room for Color 2013