- Bowling Green, KY
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I wanted a color that felt both vintage and fresh at the same time, and thought I was going to be stuck with white. Then, I saw a turquoise stripe on the Studio Calico Project Life kit box, and I knew I'd found my color. I took that box to Lowes, and held up swatch cards until I found my match. I ended up going a shade lighter, after testing samples on the wall.
- Colors used in my room
- Valspar Belle Grove Aloe Green (on walls) + yellow, orange, brown furniture/accessories
- Tips for using color successfully
- For walls, dial it back a little. If you love a color on the swatch card, try lighter shades in that family. And if you hate the color once it's on the wall, give it some time before you repaint. I had to bring in some new accessories and live with my color choice for a couple of days before I fell in love. My initial reaction was - "I've made a huge mistake."
- Mid Century Mint
Room for Color