Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Melrose, MA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- We have two young children so our bedroom is truly our retreat. At the end of a long day, it's the perfect place to unwind and read a book surrounded by soothing tones and soft, comfortable bedding. My favorite aspects of the room are the 6 large windows that let in tons of natural light in the morning, the Orla Kiely wallpaper that I'd been eyeing up for a couple years, and the dressers and beside tables we found on Craigslist.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- To have an organized bedroom, the key is ample storage (and a large laundry basket hidden in the closet!). Less visible clutter means less stress. Then to turn the room into a retreat, surround yourself with beautiful pieces that make you happy.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- First and foremost, our bedroom is a place to relax, but we also need to accomodate the kids jumping on the bed on Sunday mornings. It's possible to have a room that's chic and sophisticated while still remaining functional. Since we spend lots of time in our bedroom cuddling with the kids, reading them bedtime stories, and watching Sunday morning cartoons, we have a big, comfy mattress with soft bedding and lots of light for reading.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat