Side tables and end tables are often supporting actors in the living room, setting the stage for the accessories and lamps that take center stage. Think of all those neutral rooms where the lamps and tchotchkes atop the side tables take the spotlight with bursts of color and personalit). But these small-scale occasional tables sometimes deserve a starring role in their own right, whether for their quirkiness or for their beautiful simplicity. Moreover, end and side tables are usually more affordable than coffee tables (and certainly cheaper than most upholstered pieces) so why not stack the books and trinkets on the coffee table and let the side table take a bow?
Here is just a sampling of occasional tables that deserve a little attention.
• 1 Table made from recycled hay baler needles, The Steel Fork on Etsy, $420.
• 2 Stump table. Real Wood Works on Etsy.
• 3 Blue steel table, Coresthetic on Etsy, $306.
• 4 Spool accent table, Crate & Barrel. $199.
• 5 Personal side table from Canterberry on Etsy, $50.
• 6 Small side table, Disregarden on Etsy, $85.
• 7 Jack's tray side table, West Elm, $129.
• 8 Small side table. Disregarden onEtsy, $80.
• 9 Mushroom side table, Flat Patterns on Etsy, $495.
• 10 Vintage spider table, Art Pasadena Antiques & Collectibles at Ruby Lane, $85. I think this would look great with a fun coat of paint.
• 11 Trinomite side table. Flat Patterns on Etsy, $325.
• 12 Continent table (Australia shown; other continents available) AFH Sculpture on Etsy, $100.
• 13 Bike table, ReMain Designs on Etsy, $175.
• 14 Stockholm table, Ikea, $99.
• 15 Tablo low teak table, Sprout Home, $190.