Functional, simple, beautiful: these tenets of Scandinavian design are fitting for a month filled with cleaning out and fresh starts. Luckily for all of you DIY-ers, the clean lines, simple colors, and crisp use of negative space that are hallmarks of Scandinavian decor also make for some really fun, simple DIYs. Here are ten projects to add a little sophisticated Scandinavian style to your home.
1. A very quick DIY brass towel holder from Bambula.
2. Copper in the form of a unique candleholder, from Annaleena's Hem.
3. Poppytalk creates a hanging planter using recycled materials.
4. Bambula brings us beautiful copper wall hooks.
5. Design Sponge shares a wall decor tutorial for a gorgeous wooden heart.
6. Love Aesthetics made this stunning display column, perfect for all the little bits that are too pretty to go in a drawer.
7. Swedish Trendenser has a great idea for making power cords into design statements.
8. A quick Scandinavian cross plus sign bunting from Bleubird.
9. Poppytalk shares a DIY accordion wall lamp.
10. Annaleena's Hem creates a stunningly simple tube lamp.
For the Scandinavian decor lovers out there, have you tried any inspired DIYs that we've missed here?
(Image credits: Bambula; Annaleena's Hem; Poppytalk; Bambula; Design Sponge; Love Aesthetics; Trendenser; Bleubird; Poppytalk; Annaleena's Hem)