Sneak preview. We have finished the beta version of the AT classifieds and will put it on the site next week, probably. It is dead simple and designed to make it easier for New Yorkers to find one another's good furniture.
We are also raising the bar.
While Craigslist is great for everything else, we are going to focus only on furniture, and only good stuff - no particle board or worn, cheap, post college hand-me-downs. Sorry. There will also be multiple furniture categories to ensure you posting is easily found by the right people, and all posts will be anonymous if you want them to be. We also will ruthlessly delete any ads that try to slip by the basic rules.... Gardens sometimes have weeds.
And cribbing from Google (and Craigslist) we also stipulate: Don't be evil. Hey, this is a free service. It's about sharing the wealth. We all have to take care of it. MGR
OTHER GOOD STUFF
- Modern glass coffee table from C&B for $150
- Teak dresser for $375
- Do you like heavy, carved, trad. oak? for $2000
- Leather ottoman for $200
- Stainless steel table for $135
- Clubby leather couch for $1950
- Cool old fashioned stuff
- Greek column tables anyone?? for $125
- Drexel solid wood coffee table for $100
- Wall mirror w. wood frame for $85 (haggle, haggle)
- Simple C&B wood desk for $160
- GOD glass round dining table w. chairs for $450