- El Cerrito, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love the way the Northern California sunlight transforms each room from morning to afternoon as it shines through large glass windows of our 1949 mid-century modern house. I also love the way a Japanese Maple is framed by the large front window, and how the large Redwood panel wall and other natural wood welcomes our Danish Modern aesthetic.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- We want every square foot of the space to be as functional as possible, so we turned one of two bedrooms into an office and are planning to open up the living room to the courtyard with large bi-fold or sliding glass door.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- We'd love to use the prize money to create a large mid-century styled, Mediterranean themed mosaic on one wall of our modest kitchen.