I used to associate tufting with ornate victorian furniture, but it's actually been around through almost every era of design. On modern pieces, the texture adds visual interest to the otherwise simple profiles. Far from fussy, these tufted pieces balance upholstery with clean lines for Mad Men worthy style.
1. The Clarke Sofa from Room and Board
2. Kistler Chair at Anthropologie
3. Avec Pewter Sofa at CB2
4. Delia Chair from Room and Board
5. Florence Knoll Bench at DWR
6. Leather Grid-Tufted Headboard from West Elm
7. Bantam Armchair from DWR
8. Essex Upholstered Ottoman at West Elm
Want to DIY instead of buy? Check out DIY Tufting Inspiration for a helpful roundup of projects.
(Images: As Shown Above)