- The Demolition Depot Visit this store's location on 125th Street for vintage plumbing fixtures, doors, windows and more. Or browse their inventory online.
- Build It Green With two locations, one in Queens and one in Brooklyn, this salvage surplus store stocks a huge selection of used materials.
- Boston Building Resources You can shop for used and salvage materials as well as new materials from their co-op.
- Rebuilding Exchange In addition to being a resource for salvaged building supplies, you can also pick up new skills at one of their workshops.
- Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse This non-profit sells reclaimed materials while providing job training and education.
- Building REsources You'll find plenty of bathtubs, kitchen sinks and other building materials - you'll also find tumbled glass, perfect for landscaping and other decorative applications.
- Whole House Building Supply & Salvage Instead of a brick and mortar storefront, this company conducts material salvage sales at houses slated for demolition or remodeling.
- The ReBuilding Center Follow their Twitter feed to see the latest salvaged offerings or learn about deconstruction (as opposed to demolition) services on their website.
- Second Use This store has been making secondhand building supplies available since 1994. Their website is a great resource for checking out what's newly available in their inventory.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore No matter where you are in the United States, chances are there's a ReStore near you.
Image: Jason Loper