Ting Li, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP and Maja Parkler, Assoc. AIA. recently won a contest held by the American Institute of Architects to design a new dream house for Barbie. "Design elements include solar panels, operable shading devices, bamboo flooring, low flow toilet and sink features and locally sourced and manufactured materials and furnishings." In other news, Artnet reveals a list of its 300 most searched modern and contemporary artists, knock-off shops pop up all over China, a new Getty exhibition explores French luxury, and the award winning new design for the Royal Shakespeare Company comes to NYC.
Check out the news and links after the jump.
• //www.shelterpop.com/2011/08/02/inside-architect-barbies-award-winning-dream-house/">Inside Architect Barbie's Award-Winning Dream House | Shelter Pop
• Discover the top 300 most searched modern and contemporary artists on artnet | Artnet
• 18th-century Paris: the capital of luxury | The Guardian
• Made in China: Fake Stores | WSJ
• Stratford-upon-Avon, New York | Metropolis