Is red a kitchen superhero? A classic accent for kitchen décor, for such a powerful color, it is quite versatile. From high-gloss modernism to retro diner-style to country cottage, this bold hue is beyond being pigeonholed. It adds character and warmth to stark white spaces and creates interest when surrounded by neutrals, woods, and subdued shades. Check out how 10 kitchens use the hue in different ways.
1. Working red into kitchen appliances serves as a starting point for design inspiration. Beautiful Kitchens via House to Home
2. Glossy red against matte chalkboard paint creates contrast in not only color, but texture. Living Etc via House to Home
3. A cheery red accent wall in Hip Girl Kate Payne's Austin kitchen. From The Kitchn.
4. High gloss red cabinetry adds to the pop art aesthetic of Celeste & Nikolai's space. Apartment Therapy.
5. Like appliances, choosing a red backsplash is a commitment, but it pairs so well with bright white cabinets (and hides marinara splatters). via Quiet Home Paints
6. Proof you don't need a ton of space to welcome red: this galley kitchen is anchored by red lower cabinets and keeps the space bright with white uppers. From Better Homes & Gardens.
7. A mostly white kitchen with rustic accents gets a jolt of color from some bright bar stools. Jessica Helgerson Design via Delight by Design.
8. In a kitchen open to the living area, James and Donna decided to create define the space by painting the walls red. From Apartment Therapy.
9. How charming is this vintage stove? Period Living via The Sweetest Occasion.
10. Nothing says "welcome home" like a cheery red door. From The Lettered Cottage.
(Images: as linked above)