Maria had doubts too.
"Kids are the great divide," as one of our commenters said on Friday
. Indeed they are. More controversial than plants, pets or Karim Rashid, kids engender a yeah or nay response, and in that they belie how great a problem they are.
Thanks for all your responses. Here is what we're going to do: We keep Kid's Design Month, but we keep the number of posts limited and focused on really great design, real home situations and away from cloying, schmaltzy kiddie stuff. We like the ideas that Josie brought up:
1) Siblings of different ages sharing rooms.
2) Where does sports equipment live?
3) What's a lively and cheerful room color that won't keep at least a younger kid awake?
4) Making kindergarteners happy while avoiding the Disney-fication of everything.
5) Couches that last in the face of destruction, dogs, and flying karate manuevers.
We will also proceed, as always, with your contributions. The more kid oriented questions and pics of your homes we get the more we'll post them, but, as always, we'll keep it tasteful, intelligent and worthy. So, to quote Frank, "BRING IT ON!."