after the jump. Serious Windows are able to be so energy efficient because of a number of key design elements:
- Insulated Frames: The window frames and sashes are insulated with a high-density closed cell soy foam insulation which eliminates thermal bridging through the frame.
- Fiberglass Frame: Fiberglass expands and contracts at the same rate as the glass in the window, which further reduces energy leaks, unlike standard window frames made of wood, aluminum or vinyl.
- Suspended Coated Film: Rather than have two, three or four panes of glass, the windows utilize a suspended coated film which creates additional air pockets without putting weight on the sash.
- EcoSpacer: A high-strength warm edge spacer system, EcoSpacer
- Gas Filled Cavities: The air cavities are filled with krypton gases to slow the transfer of heat or cold air through the window.
- Low-E Coating: Low-E coated glass which reflects heat in and out of the home.