I would like to introduce you to Manvi. She is the savvy author and stylist of a blog called Mochatini and she sets a beautiful table!
The above images are just a few of her gorgeous tables. A few of the images are detail shots of the full table shown in the previous photo. I think it is worth noting she uses the same set of dishes in all of the photos plus or minus a bowl or cup, yet the tables differ in style and feeling.
Tips for creating a variety of tablescapes:
• Buy table linens you love and/or make your own, then mix and match. Hint: Find great deals at sample sales and thrift shops.
• Find foliage and accessories around your home to add as centerpieces and decor such as mini potted plants, leaves, holiday ornaments, baskets, candles, a nice cutting board to use as a riser, a cake stand, vases, etc. Think out of the box. I saw a bouquet of pencils once that was extraordinary.
• Incorporate "interesting" such as unique salt and pepper shakers, different colored glassware, mismatched china.
• Make your own place cards or place a pretty item on each plate. Does not have to be an actual piece of paper or card.
Images: Manvi Drona-Hidalgo
MORE TABLE SETTINGS
• The Right Way To Set A Table
• How To: Set Your Table In A Modern Way
• Roundup: Last Minute Table Setting Ideas