The first apartment is always special. I shared my apartment with seven other girls, and needless to say it was quite crazy, and definitely memorable! We were all on an art student's budget, so our house was decked out with lots of handmade, hand-me-down, thrift store finds, and oh yes, lots of tapestries… Even with too many roommates, too small of a space, and too low of a budget you make it work because it's finally yours. From students shacking up with friends, renters moving out on their own, to a couple moving in together, here are some of our readers' most impressive first apartments.
1. Emily and Meeko's Sunny First Apartment
2. Alex's Melting Pot of a First Apartment
3. Kyle's First Student Studio
4. Monica's Teeny-Tiny Student Studio
5. Dee's First Apartment: A Study in Details
MORE FIRST APARTMENT IDEAS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Lessons Learned From My First Apartment
• A Swoon Worthy First Apartment in Brooklyn Heights
• How Did You Find Your First Apartment?
• 10 Things Every First Apartment Should Have
(Images as linked)