Kitchen ideas shown above, from left to right:
1. Glassware, mugs, cups and saucers on open Ikea shelving, canisters of coffee and sugar and an espresso machine make for a great looking (and potentially money saving) at-home coffee bar. Add a toaster, and voila - an instant cafe in your kitchen! Via Living Etc.
2. Dana from the Kitchn shares this excellent advice in her "Ikea Shelf Epiphany" post - open shelves are for things used daily or weekly, cupboards and closets are for things used monthly, and everything else should be in storage (basement, garage, attic).
3. Consider using the often wasted open space above cabinets for displaying a collection like this one in Shannon & Emmett's From Factory to Family
4. Cooking supplies such as oils, spices and utensils are great to keep right at hand near the cooktop - Living Etc.
5. A potrack saves so much room, keeps things easy to reach AND creates lots of visual interest. We always like the way they look - and it's nice to see one that is wall hung like this example from Emily and Damon's Color-Infused Nest, rather than the usual ceiling-suspended installation.
Images: 1 & 4 - Living Etc., 2 - The Kitchn, 3 & 5 - Apartment Therapy