We hope you all had a great holiday and new year celebration! Like many of you, we enjoyed traveling over the holiday break and spent time with friends in other cities. We stayed 4 days with a friend and took some time
to set up shop and feel comfortable in her home. We pretty much like to relax and give a few easy and affordable gifts to ease in to staying in other people's homes.
- Living out of a bag can get old so we unpacked our clothes in stacks. We also hung some of our clothes up in her closet.
- Another way we got comfortable was by packing our own towels. While our friend has great towels, we just wanted our own little slice of home on our vacation.
- We brought our friend some holiday flowers first as a hostess gift and secondly because we love fresh flowers in our own space.
- We also gave our friend a mixed CD of some of our own favorite tunes that we knew she would enjoy and that we do as well in our own space.
How do you get comfy in a someone else's space?
Check out more home away from home ideas from Apartment Therapy:
- What's the First Thing You Do When You Get Home After a Trip?
- Home Decor Gift Receiving Etiquette?
- Leaving Your Pets While Away
(Image via Apartment Therapy's LA Flickr Pool SaraOneDay)