If you own a sewing machine, you know that finding a permanent place for it can be a challenge. You may be lucky enough to have a whole craft room, or you may just have a tiny corner of space. Whatever your situation, here are a few ideas for setting up a functional sewing desk, large or small.
- Rachel repurposed a small side table as a sewing desk. A brightly painted, ladder-like frame organizes supplies against the wall.
- Degerkas' sewing desk uses a wall-mounted IKEA kitchen organizer to hold supplies and circular corkboards to tack up ideas.
- In Sarah and Steve's home, an antique desk in a corner is just large enough for a sewing machine and a few supplies. A low stool doubles as a seat.
- Shauna and Stephen use a long table against the wall as a sewing station. IKEA drawers on casters hold fabrics, while a pegboard on the wall sorts smaller tools, like scissors and thread.
- Yvonne's sewing room is a spacious, airy place for a double desk and bright pink chairs. A work table in the middle of the room adds surface space for projects.