Better Homes and Gardens is bringing its "Living Green Tour" to San Francisco this weekend. On March 21 and 22, the 2,500-square-foot traveling home will be open to the public in Union Square (10am-9pm). Tours are free, and the purpose is to show how easy and beautiful green can be. The interior was designed by Libby Langdon, whose name you may recognize from HGTV's "Small Space Big Style."
The event will feature green products, building materials and appliances. In addition, experts in the field will be on hand for demos and presentations.
After San Francisco, the tour hits a dozen other cities nationwide:
- San Diego (Home Design & Landscape Expo) – April 4-6
- Las Vegas (Home & Outdoor Living Show) – April 25-27
- Los Angeles (Home Remodeling Show) – June 27-29
- Phoenix (Maricopa Home & Garden Show) – August 1-3
- Houston (Home Show) – August 8-10
- Miami (Home Design & Remodeling Show) – August 29-Sept. 2
- Nashville (Home Decorating & Remodeling Show) – Sept. 5-7 (subject to change)
- Boston (Home Show) – Sept. 12-14
- Washington, D.C. (Remodeling & Home Décor Show) – Sept. 26-28
- Jacksonville, FL (Home and Patio Show) – Oct. 2-5
- Atlanta (Home Show at Convention Center) – Oct. 17-19
- New York (Grand Central Station) – Oct. 30-31
And in case you're wondering: The Living Green Home gets around by using bio-diesel fuel. More details on the house are available here.
Images: Courtesy of Meredith Corporation