I just moved into an apartment that, unfortunately, has some boring light tan carpet, so I'm in the market for a new rug to add some much needed color. I read the Jonathan Adler's Marrakesh Rug...and Some Alternatives post, and while it's difficult to find a modern Moroccan rug in green...
...I've come to the conclusion (after much shopping online and in stores) that it's nearly impossible to find a moderately priced aqua or peacock blue 5'x8' rug in a modern Indian motif, despite the recent popularity of this color in home decor. I love CB2's Tangier rug (both the style and price point) but the colors are wrong for my place. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Well Tania, we feel your pain. Finding rugs is really hard, and it's especially frustrating when a particular style and color are very in vogue, but apparently nonexistent for purchase. We know what you're looking for -- if Om Home (from this recent post) carried rugs, that would be the first place we'd point you to -- but while we didn't find anything exactly like it, here are some runners up:
• Anthropologie is among the first places we'd look, due to their more daring colors and designs at relatively reasonable prices. Turn-of-the-Century rug from Anthropologie, $348
• Perfume Bottle chenille rug from Brocade Home, $299 (on sale)
• You mentioned peacock, and with this one we went literal: Tomas Paul Feather tufted rug at 2modern, $676
• A little further away from your desired motif is the Seasons area rug from notNeutral, at Velocity $500
• Ikea Hanna Rund rug, $179
If all else fails, we'd suggest going neutral or closer to a solid on the rug (see the Ikea option above), and pulling the motif in on the pillows or a throw blanket. Anyone else? Chime in.
Image: CB2's Tangier rug