If you'd like to make a change to your home but don't have the budget to do much, here's a low cost trick with big impact. Pick up a gallon of paint in a bold color you love and try some of these ideas from our House Tours. Even better, they don't take a lot of time. Tackle them this weekend and have a whole new look by Monday!
- Paint a bold stripe around the room: Amna and Paul use this trick a few times in their home. Here, it's a cool muted color; in the living room a bold orange stripe spices things up.
- Paint a small section: Sometimes all you need to inject some life into a room is a jolt of color. In this kitchen, a section just above the kitchen cabinets is painted a bright green. Not enough to make a full blown commitment but just enough to give this kitchen a bang. If it's an unusual color, so much the better!
- Paint a window frame or two: A bright blue livens up this room. You can tackle all the windows but even just painting one will have a big impact.
- Or a door frame: Painting a door frame (or the edge of the door!) not only perks up a room but encourages movement; it make the room framed in the doorway look enticing.
- Paint the molding just near the ceiling: In this room, color pops on the top molding. If you don't have molding, paint a stripe just around the top edge of the walls. Not only will a shot of color here enliven the room but it'll make the ceiling seem higher.
- Or go to town on a baseboard: You don't have to commit to going all around the room. Just painting the baseboard on one wall is unexpected and modern.
- Blast just one door with color: Just one door (even just one side of a door) is a big statement. Like painting the door frame, it adds color to two rooms.
What color are you going to use in your home?