Who doesn't love cupcakes? Family Fun Magazine has an easy add on decoration for your cupcakes this Saint Patrick's Day. All you really need are some green gumdrops or spearmint leaves, a rolling pin, and a small heart-shaped cookie cutter. Let the kids flatten the leaves with the rolling pin.
Find the easy directions after the jump or check out Family Fun.com for more recipes and craft ideas to celebrate the luck of the Irish.
Cooled cupcakes (baked from your favorite recipe)
Green gum drops or spearmint leaves
Heart-shaped cookie cutter
1. Frost a cooled cupcake (baked from your favorite recipe) with white icing.
2. For the shamrock, flatten 3 green gumdrops or spearmint leaves with a rolling pin (sprinkle on a little sugar, if necessary, to keep the candies from sticking).
3. Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter (ours was 1 1/2 inches across) to cut a heart from each flattened leaf.
4. Place the hearts together on the cupcake to form a shamrock.
5. Cut a stem from the excess of one of the flattened candies and set it in place below the 3 hearts.