We get quite a few messages everyday asking questions, tipping us off to great items, etc. But the other day we got something we'd never received before, and it practically stumped us. The message read "I love you"
. Nothing else. Just I love you. Now that we've had a moment to collect ourselves, we'd like to say: Thanks, we love you too.
We can't imagine what we'd do without you, to be honest. So thanks for reading and commenting and letting us know how we're doing and what you like and don't like about us! We appreciate it.
And since it is Valentine's Day, we thought we'd post a longish excerpt from one of our favorite Apartment Therapy Rants that we found on the artful shopper:
Apartment Therapy, I love you and I hate you. You are my new HGTV, and, damn it, I like it. We don't have cable TV anymore, so I've started spending time with you, an edgier, quickly-updated home improvement timesucker.
You've taught me so many terms, given me virtual tours of so many houses, shown me that I truly am an incompetent interior decorator. And, for that, I am grateful.
What I do like about Apartment Therapy:
1. Everything, even everything on the aforementioned "annoying interior touches" list
2. AT's love of small spaces, simplicity and/or sensory overload
3. The fabulous slideshows
4. The term BoMo - bohemian modern. This is the look I am still hoping to recreate in the guest bedroom...someday.
5. How AT allows me to live vicariously. I don't really need to spend hour upon hour leafing through the CB2 catalogue, soaking up design*sponge, attending flea markets and going trash picking when I can just spend time admiring the finished products on AT.
6. How it inspires me to fix up my place, which, after two years, doesn't feel as put together as our first home should. Perhaps AT's editors would find the moving box that's used as a coffee table in our guest bedroom to be a charming touch. I'll call the style BoNo: moving box.