Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Celeste, TX
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- It keeps me very organized and always asking the question, "Do I REALLY need this?"
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space
- I wanted a light, airy space with plenty of storage that felt more like a studio apartment than a travel trailer. I downsized from a 2-bedroom townhome with a large kitchen, home office, walk-in closets (with more than 100 pairs of shoes) to 218 square feet. I completely remodeled the Airstream and added back in only a few interior walls, used oyster white as the primary paint color, removed most of the overhead storage and replaced it with long countertops with storage below creating a clean, open feeling. In the bath, I built a small shower which gave me room for 76 inches of closet space plus a linen closet. Of course, living in the space meant simplifying my life, keeping only the things I absolutely loved. My rule now is if I buy new clothes or shoes, I have to take something out of my closet and give it away.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are:
- If I win, I would use the money to install a solar energy system and add a deck to extend the outdoor living space.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool 2013