Children love animals and they're one of the first things children learn to identify and name. You'll find animals in most kids rooms whether they're stuffed animals or artwork. One of our favorite ways to incorporate them is animal photographs which have more cross-over adult appeal. Enter Sharon Montrose. We've written about her enchanting animal photography before and today we're rounding up examples of it in real homes.
Okay, well the first photo is a product shot, but we love it because it showcases an alligator which is not the usual cuddly wuddly animal we see in kids' rooms. Below are some beautiful examples of these prints in real homes with different kinds of frames and groupings, including one in the home of the photographer herself.
• Hung in natural wood frames in the shadow of a large stuffed giraffe in Oscar's lovely room (see more on Aubrey & Lindsay's Little House Blog)
• Hung above a menagerie of animal figures in Leo's Room
• Three variations on the goose with orange bordered mats in Grady's room (see more on Little Willow)
• Popping against the wall with red frames in Zoey's Room
• A foursome in bright white frames is striking against this dark wall in reebob's baby-on-the-way nursery.
• Used plentifully as the only artwork in Colin's Closet Room.
• A small print with a large mat creates even more negative space to draw the eye to the photograph in photographer Sharon Montrose's home (take the house tour on Apartment Therapy.)
Visit The Animal Print Shop by Sharon Montrose to purchase and see the assortment of animals she's photographed (and guess what, a book is in the works!)
(Images: 1. Sharon Montrose/The Animal Print Shop 2. Aubrey & Lindsay's Little House Blog 3. Lealou Mama 4. Little Willow 5. Eclectic Images Photography 6. Flickr member reebob licensed for use under Creative Commons 7. Didn't I Tell You That 8. Sharon Montrose)