- San Francisco, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- When living in such a small space it really is necessary to love every inch of it (in order to keep your sanity), but my very favorite part is the "cloffice"! As creative students, my boyfriend and I need an inspirational space to work and study, so I love that I was able to create this area for us in such a small home. It's kind of crazy how all our clothing and office supplies fit in there comfortably!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Space planning! This seems like an obvious tip but before purchasing anything for your home, make sure it fits, and not just in physical measurements but with the flow and proxemics of everything else in the room. I drew everything out and changed the layout about 4 times before I finally settled on the placement.
2. White! Not only is it a great neutral color but it makes the space feel bigger, cleaner, and lighter.
3. Craigslist! This really goes for homes of all sizes but this site has helped me so much on my tiny student budget. I'm always wanting to update so I'll use it to sell an old chair and put the money towards a new one!