This vacation house in Normandy was built from a small cottage that was renovated for seasonal use — the shape of the original small home was extended out with wooden platforms/decks that can be transformed into summer sleeping quarters with a tent-like canvas roof...
The design, by architect Franklin Azzi, utilizes local resources (stone and timber) and takes advantage of solar and geothermal energy, rainwater harvesting and natural ventilation.
Many more pictures (before, during and after construction & renderings) at the Franklin Azzi site.
MORE GREAT FRENCH HOMES
• French Inspiration: Rustic Kitchen & Bathroom
• Modern & Green: A Country House in France
• Paris House Tour: Chez Joan
• Fairytale Cottage in France
• Open Plan Apartment with Bedroom Cube