Often times we find ourselves wondering how we can ensure our personal safety. Some individuals turn to firearms, others to pepper spray. The stun gun is another option to consider especially when it looks like a ghetto Nokia. While stun guns have been eclipsed in recent yeas by the Taser, they are still useful especially if you find a more discreet model.
Part of self defense is not alerting or scaring the hell out of everyone you encounter in every day life. To aide in the everyday carrying of stun guns, manufacturers have developed a number of disguised models to better blend in when out on the town.
- Smartphone Stun Gun">153-Pretender: Pho smartphone anyone? With looks and a name like that, this phone is not meant to fool anyone up close. But, it will provide enough camouflage to keep look-i-loos and stray purse searchers calm. Just don't confuse this with your BlackBerry.
- Nokia Stun Gun: Even though it is no longer 2002, you can still rock a red Nokia in style knowing all the while the potent jolt it contains. We like the fact that it is smaller and red, but buyers can use their own discretion.
- Flashlight Stun Gun: If you are already a fan of EDC then you likely carry a flashlight. This particular model is not so stylish, but still provides you a measure of camouflage.
- Firefly Stun Gun: This one sort of looks like a pager and I am sure any medical personal will attest that being paged in the middle of the night is about like being tased. Anyhow, this taser is small, black, and looks like it would have fit in better in the late ninties, but then again pagers are still out there.
- Taser C2: While technically not disguised, I doubt very many people would recognize a Taser C2. The C2 is the gold standard for electronic personal defense. It also comes in pink which makes it better in our eyes.
Obviously check your state and local laws if you do decide to purchase one of these devices. Unplggd and Apartment Therapy are also not giving out self defense advice. Finally if you do purchase one of these, remember that they are not toys and shocking yourself while trying to answer your BlackBerry is no way to start the day.