- Location: Berkeley, CA and online
- Website: bathsimple.com
- Founded: 2010
- Founded by: John Crowley and Bill Hunscher
- Headquarters: Berkeley, California
- Research fixtures, fittings, and finishes on their site.
- Schedule an in-home consultation to finalize product choices and measurements.
- Order your materials, which ship to you in a big box.
- Recycle your old bathroom by shipping it back in the box.
- Install the new bathroom using one of their certified experts or your own contractor.
I gave the site a test run, plugging in average stats for a full modern bath — with vanity, shower/tub, toilet, flooring, tile, and fixtures — and came out with a materials cost of about $8,000 (not including taxes, shipping, or installation). Prices could be more for a bigger bath with higher-end fixtures and less for a smaller bath furnished with budget items. To get a better sense of final costs and what you'll have to budget for your contractor/installer, see their list of what's included and what's not. Bath Simple operates out of Berkeley, California, and they work with a network of design consultants and installers across the country. They offer free in-home consultations and can ship sample boxes on request. Any first-hand experiences with Bath Simple? Add them in the comments. (Re-edited from a post originally published 2.22.2011 - JEL)